Welcome on Tom Outcomer’s official website.
Tom was born in 1980 in Poland.
Tom Outcomer obtained a doctoral degree in the field of visual arts in 2020.
In 2017, he completed his PhD studies at the Graphic Arts
Department of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts, and
in 2012 his graduated with a specialization in illustration
and book design, and an annex to painting at the same
In his work, he moves in the areas of geometric abstraction. He transforms the situations, the world around us or typographic signs into his own visual language. In this process, the created compositions or objects become fully autonomous works – pure abstractions alienated from the real world. His art bears the hallmarks of impossible figures, which is an essential aspect of his artistic work. The compositions he creates are not unequivocal in perception. They cannot be assigned a specific space-time. Seemingly visually attractive artworks, after a while they cause the race of the thoughts.
The viewer begins to analyze the outlined directions and then back to the beggining point . This knocks the viewer out of reality and transfers the attention to the contemplation of the work. It is a kind of “foodie for brain”. Flat compositions escape the two dimensions into which they have been inscribed. In turn, spatially constructed objects involve empty space as an integral part of the work.
When choosing materials for his works, he eagerly uses all kinds of polymers, he also uses light as a medium. It likes to use materials used in industry.
Contact via e-mail: tom(at)outcomer.com
· Painting, National Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, Russia, 2015;
· “Transitional forms”, “Matulka” Gallery, Milanówek, Poland, 2017;
· “Implosion of the sign” Gallery of the Faculty of Graphic Arts
of the Academy of Fine Arts, 2020.
· “Meetings with graphics”; Van Gogh Gallery, Warsaw, Poland, 2007;
· “Symbols of Euro 2012”; Museum of Sport and Tourism, Warsaw, Poland, 2007;
· exhibition of photographs “21 People”; Stairs Gallery, Warsaw, Poland, 2008;
· “Symbols of Euro 2012”; Museum of Sports Glory of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine, 2008;
· “Structures”, Gallery of Young Artists “Łazienkowska”, Warsaw, Poland, 2011;
· “KISSPRINT”, Soho Factory, Warsaw, Poland, 2012;
· booth on Art3f, Luxembourg, 2020.